Friday, October 1, 2010

Punkin'spicelatte...

HAPPY OCTOBER!!!

I love this month! I love everything pumpkin!! "Punkin'spicelatte" is a little pet name I call my boyfriend, he calls me "Punkin'pie", we both call the dog "Punkin'face", and many other Pumpkin related things. It started as a joke because I always say Punkin' exactly the way this spelling sounds, so now I've just extended it to the "Latte", "Pie", "Face", even "Punkin'spicedbeer" has been used. John and I aren't the most normal I'll admit! lol

Anyway on to the Latte... I'm off from work today but still have to work here at home as an incentive for me to get up at my regular time I decided to try and make a home made version of the "Punkin'spicelatte" as a morning treat for "Punkin'spicelatte" (I'm referring to the boyfriend).  I have to say it turned out perfectly!!!

Ingredients:

2 cups of Milk (i made it skinny with skim milk)

2 Tablespoons canned pumpkin

2 tablespoons sugar (if you want it sweet add a little more)

2 tablespoons Vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice

sprinkle of nutmeg (to taste)

1 cup of very strong coffee or espresso

Boil Milk, pumpkin and sugar till its nice and steamed stirring all the time.

Remove from heat once its steamed and stir in vanilla, pumpkin spice, and nutmeg. Whisk till it's nice and frothy.

Pour into mug filling half the cup then add coffee. Top it off with some fat free whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice and there you go! Pumpkin Spice Latte right at home!!! Enjoy!

xoxo M

 

P.S I totally know I skipped September Glam-Scopes but the October ones are coming later I promise!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment