Monday, June 14, 2010

Sometimes I like to look like a cupcake....

I have an affair to attend the second week of July. I know that's a bit away but if you knew me you'd know I like to plan my outfits well in advance and if I don't I'm one cranky lady bc I always think I could have come up with something better had I given myself more time. So I've been perusing some shops here and there and this dress from the garden collection at H&M caught my eye. I love the dramatic pleats at the neckline but unfortunately the color is a blush pink which I feel is a bit inappropriate for a wedding rehearsal dinner, or any event that is in honor of the bride to be. But I couldn't see myself passing up this dress bc it was just my size! Then while rummaging through that messy closet of mine I spotted this puffy salmon colored skirt I've been dying to wear but havn't had the right event. My intention was to wear this skirt with a simple baggy screened tee but a thought popped in my head, that dress might look great worn as a top tucked into the skirt and a big belt to tone down the look! I have to say I'm quite pleased with the ensemble It reminds me of a cupcake! I can't wait to wear it in July!

Dress from H&M Garden Collection

Skirt from H&M

Vintage Belt bought at a thrift shop

 

I'll finish off the look with my blush pink Chanel, my Aldo "Fawson" pumps, and my Justina Leigh "Charlie" and "Monte" Bracelet. Def no necklace with this look!

xxM

No comments:

Post a Comment