Monday, June 14, 2010

3:00 Pick me up

I know its been a while but this is a good one! I adapted this recipe I found on my Favorite Food Blog Smitten Kitchen for Strawberry Ricotta Tartlets.

I most definitely didn't have time to make graham crackers from scratch but I figured just the boxed kind would be good enough and I didn't want to used processed granulated sugar so I used my tried and true agave nectar which was perfect for this recipe because it gave the strawberry mix the perfect syrupy texture and I added bananas bc well I LOVE bananas esp with strawberries! My adaptation came out great, super easy and super fast and I'm having them as a snack for that 3:00 lul here at the office! Of course I brought some in to share! Here's my adapted recipe

For the Ricotta mix

1 1/4 cup ricotta

2 tablespoons of confectioners sugar

mixed very well

For the strawberry mix

1 1/4 cup strawberries - sliced

2 tablespoons agave nectar

1 good squeeze of lemon juice

mixed well and let stand for 15 min or so

Then I sliced a banana thinly and after putting a smear of the ricotta mix on the graham I added 3 slices and a spoon full of the strawberry mix.

I would assume one can use any kind of fruit of their liking on top of the ricotta mix and it would taste great! I think next time ill try making a various fruit mix, with blueberries and raspberries, and maybe even pineapple! But these are so tasty! They sorta taste like a strawberry shortcake! YUM!

xx M

No comments:

Post a Comment