Thursday, March 7, 2013

Anatomy of a Resume


Can I just start by asking when did resumes get so fancy?!? I wouldn't really know what is trending in the resume world because I've been working at the same company for way longer than I will ever admit. I must say though I'm loving the idea of a personalized fancy resume that represents you and what you're about. When my sister asked me to design her resume I of course obliged. She had some specific ideas of what she wanted it to look like, and together this is what we came up with. It was oddly a pretty fun little project. You see 3 different name designs at the top because we were testing out what we liked more. In the end we went with the center version. Have any of you tricked out your resume?

6 comments:

  1. Aah I don't even know where my resume is! And it is certainly not this fancy.. haha! These are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about resumes like this but I still think that the traditional format works, especially if you're not in a creative industry.

    7% Solution​


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aki, I agree, traditional resumes work in most cases. But if you are in a creative industry I think a resume with some punch can make a world of difference. In my sisters case, teaching involves a lot of creativity these days. Also, with the job market the way it is, and HR departments being flooded with resumes and people looking for work, it cant hurt to stand out a little.

      Delete
  3. This is the coolest resume I've ever seen!! AWESOME JOB!!

    ReplyDelete