Thursday, November 11, 2010

Date night at LOKAL

Last week John and I were invited to try out dinner at one of our favorite brunch spots LOKAL in Greenpoint Brooklyn.  When I got the email I was thrilled, not only because I'm so obsessed with the brunch at Lokal and had not yet had the privilege of trying out their dinner, but my little blog and a little previous post I did about Lokal actually grabbed their attention!!

In my last post about Lokal I raved about how great their brunch was, in particular their french toast, so when we ventured there for dinner we expected no less. And after last weeks date night at Son Cubano being a total bust, we were due for a really enjoyable meal. We were SO NOT disappointed. Its was as expected, perfect!

We started with fried calamari....YUM

For dinner I had meatball casserole which I had never heard of before, but it was absolutely divine! Sorta like a meatball stew. So perfect for the chilly weather we've been having here in NY.

John had homemade ricotta ravioli. I was lucky enough to taste one (lucky because I swear he wolfed that down so fast I barely saw the dish) and they were smooth and buttery and amazing!

For dessert we had a chocolate soufflé. Totally worth the calories. Of course the service was fantastic as well. If you live anywhere near Brooklyn or the L train you should def grab a bite at Lokal!

This post wouldn't be complete without a shot of my "look" for the evening.

A little rayon romper from H&M with black tights

Lace up booties

Patent Chanel

It's great when you can find a place that you can call "your spot" and I think after finally trying the dinner John and I can officially call LOKAL "our spot". Interestingly enough, the first time we both expressed to each other that we were, in fact, IN LOVE, we had brunch there the next day, for the first time. SO really, it is our spot!! We'll be back for sure. Actually probably this Saturday, the day after my birthday for my favorite Brunch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment