Friday, July 9, 2010

Red Potato and Yellow Squash Yummyness!!!

Things involving dinner or anything other than baked goods in the kitchen is not my forté, BUT I've been getting creative and trying new things and this Tart/Quiche I made for dinner the other night is just to DIE for. I know that sounds a bit dramatic (typical of me) but really it was just SO good. I made this little number up as I went along so I didn't measure anything but I'll try and give you the recipe to the best of my knowledge. I had some left over Mini Red Potatoes, Ricotta Cheese, Fresh Rosemary, Fresh basil, one whole squash, and red onion in the fridge so this is what I did...

Ingredients:

1lb (approx) red potato - Sliced very thin

1 whole squash sliced very thin

2-3 TBSP (approx) of red onion chopped small

1 cup (approx) ricotta cheese

1/2 cup cubed fresh mozzarella

few sprigs of fresh rosemary

1/2 TBSP (approx) fresh parsley finely chopped

Generous dash of Kosher Salt

Generous Dash of fresh ground black pepper

1/4 cup of milk

1 egg

1 Pillsbury pie crust

 

Directions:

Boil the red potatoes for 10 min. Saute the Squash in olive oil, salt and pepper till they are very soft and slightly golden on both sides. Drain the potatoes and put in the bowl (leaving out a few to spread along the top of the tart) with the ricotta cheese, squash, fresh mozzarella, pepper, salt, parsley, red onion, and rosemary and mix well. In another bowl whisk milk and egg together till incorporated then add to the ricotta mixture and mix well. Pour into Pillsbury pie crust and spread evenly, place remaining boiled red potatoes over the top. Also you can crumble a few bits of fresh mozz on top also.  Bake for 1 hr. Then ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment