Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Pink Flamingo Cocktail




Lately I've been on a bit of a grapefruit kick. This has to be the strangest thing because my whole life I've avoided grapefruit like the plague. I just couldn't take it's bitter tartness. But I think as you get older your taste buds change and I've been finding myself craving this juicy bitter fruit. Don't worry this drink isn't overly bitter or tart. The orange juice, and splash of cranberry cut it perfectly. Here's my recipe for this delicious crisp springtime cocktail.

*Makes approx 4 cocktails.

Juice of 2 Grapefruits
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of 1 Orange
Splash of Cranberry (per serving)
Fresh mint
1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
sugar for the rim
1 shot Vodka-1 shot per drink (Titos is my vodka of choice)
Lillet Rose aperitif -1 shot per drink

I peeled my fruit and used my juicer to get the most juice out of them. After all the juicing is done muddle the mint in a cocktail shaker, I used 2-3 sprigs of mint per drink. Pour enough of the juice mixture for one drink into the shaker with the mint, add the splash of cranberry, sugar (if using) and the vodka and Lillet, shake shake shake (yes I sing that as I make cocktails) pour over ice into a sugar rimmed rocks glass (aren't these flamingo ones perfect!). Garnish with fresh mint and a lime wheel and enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! But I have a confession - I'm too lazy to eat citrus. Seriously. I don't by the stuff because I hate peeling it. It's a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! That is hilarious! But I totally understand! Every time I grab one I get so frustrated as I stand over the garbage peeling. You could always buy the bottled stuff, it works just as well. Just don't add any sugar. :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Yum!!! I LOVE grapefruit and eat it often with a spoon:) Btw: I'm so smitten with those ikea glasses. Need to take a trip there this weekend. Muah, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am OBSESSED with pink grapefruit juice - this cocktail is perfection to me!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds AMAZING!! Can't wait to try it, and I'm totally pinning it to Pinterest!
    Btw, glad to be your newest follower! =)
    xoxo,
    Whit

    Simply Whit in a Sequined Life

    ReplyDelete