Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Butternut Squash Frittata

This weekend my brother-in-law came to visit. Whenever we have visitors my favorite thing to do is to prepare a special breakfast. Typically I make it indulgent, and sweet. Like pumpkin pie pancakes, I've posted about here. This time I wanted to cook up something a bit more savory. I had a fridge filled with butternut squash from my husbands butternut squash soup he made earlier in the week, so I knew I wanted to use that up somehow. After a quick search I came across this recipe and it sounded interesting enough to try out. I made a few adjustments to the recipe and it really turned out super! Everyone even went in for seconds.

My adjustments were:
Sub Kale for Spinach
Omitted the mushrooms (My Husbands hates them, sigh...)
Omitted the sage
Sub the gruyere for goat cheese
I used almond milk instead of a diary milk

1 comment: